Anderson's Law

Complaints Procedure

We want to give you the best possible service.  However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we provide then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the issue.


Please follow these steps to ensure that your concerns are resolved quickly:

In the first instance it is advised you contact the case handler who is dealing with your case to discuss your concerns. At this stage we will do our upmost to resolve any issues you have at this stage. 

Should you prefer to put your concerns in writing, please send your letter or email to the person acting for you.

If your main contact is not able to resolve matters to your satisfaction or if you find it difficult to speak to them about a complaint, please write to or call their Practice Group Head whose name you will have been given when you first instructed us.

If your complaint is about a Practice Group in the firm please write to or call 0204 501 8393.


If you are dissatisfied with the way your complaint has been handled please write to Faye Anderson. Faye’s details are:

                 Anderson’s Law

                  20-22 Wenlock Road


                  N1 7GU


Any stage:

If at any stage you would prefer to meet with the person dealing with your complaint then just let us know.


What we will do

Any complaint to the person acting for you, Shaun Leahy will be deal with quickly and a genuine effort will be made to respond to your concerns. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.

We will acknowledge your complaint within three working days and let you know that we are looking into your concerns.

After sending you an acknowledgment, we aim to investigate your complaint and give you a full response within 21 days but if your complaint is more complex we may require more time, and will let you know when you will receive a full response.

If our service to you is found to be below standard we will discuss ways in which we can make things better or, if appropriate, recompense you in some way.


Institute of Professional Willwriters Alternative Dispute Resolution (IPWADR)

The IPWADR can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

You can raise your concerns with the IPWADR at


What you can do if we cannot resolve your complaint

The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your compliant ourselves.  They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

    • Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint and
    • No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
    • No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was a cause for complaint.

If you would like more information About the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them. 

Their contact details are:

                  Legal Ombudsman

                  PO Box 6806


                   WV1 9WJ

                   Telephone: 0300 555 0333